Car Magnets are made for outdoor use, with special all-weather material and premium UV gloss for longer protection from the sun and elements. General lifespan for a Car Magnet will be determined by the temperature and exposure to the sun, however, most will last for a year, even with moderate to heavy use.
Following the instructions below will help extend the life of your Car Magnet and ensure that your car's exterior is
- Using a mild detergent, clean the back of the magnet and the metallic surface.
- Before affixing magnetic sheet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats and
waxes are cured or hardened for 2 days. (Approximate curing times: Paint – 90 days; clear
coat–60 days; wax–2 days)
- Wipe with soft cloth to clean dust and grime from both surfaces.
- Make sure that both surfaces are completely dry.
BEFORE YOU INSTALL
- The magnet itself should be at a room temperature of 60°F (16°C) or above when installed to achieve best
- Do not apply magnet that has been curled with the magnet side out. The magnet may not attach properly to the metallic surface resulting in lifted corners and air gaps which will weaken its holding strength.
- Affix to smooth, flat or gently curved metallic surfaces.
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface. Do not place over protrusions (molding, decals, pin striping, etc.) or concave areas. There must be NO air pockets.
- If you place the magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and re-affix. Lift at sides and not at corners to remove. Do not pull the magnet across the surface, or it may stretch due to the resistance caused by the high magnetic strength.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
- To guard against moisture and dirt buildup between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications), remove the magnet every 7 to 10 days. Clean both the magnet and metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a so cloth or allow to air-dry.
- When not using flexible magnet, keep it in a clean, dry place.
- Store rolled magnet on end with the printed side out.
- Stack flat magnet on a level surface. Avoid placing objects (such as newsprint or newspaper cartons) on top that could damage the face; do not stack with magnetic sides facing each other.
CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
- DO NOT apply magnet that has been curled with the magnet side out. The magnet may not attach properly to the metallic surface resulting in lifted corners and air gaps which will weaken its holding strength.
- DO NOT use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods), temperatures exceeding 160°F (71°C) or temperatures below -15°F (-26°C).
- DO NOT use on non-metallic body fillers, simulated wood grain siding and repainted
- Exposure to cold weather will make the magnet more brittle, so use caution when handling.
- Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
- NOTE: Doors and panels on some vehicles are not made of steel. This product will not work on aluminum or plastic surfaces.